My Opinion About Books

Books give you knowledge. I have almost 2,000 books in my house. Crazy, right? Well not when your family is made up of seven people. Have I read all of them? That’s a different question. I think I’ve read less than half of them, which is still pretty good, and I loved all of them. How many books do you think you have in your house, more or less than a thousand?

This is just one of my six bookshelves.

My favorite books have to be either the Wings of Fire series or Percy Jackson. I also like some comic books like Big Nate. Sorry Harry Potter fans. I have yet to read the books. My favorite genres are humor, fantasy, and adventure books, which you can see my favorite books consist of if you’ve read them. 

My favorite author is probably Tui. T Sutherland because I thought Wings of Fire was just such a cool series. When I’m reading books from the series I can picture everything so clearly; it’s like I’m in the book itself. I also like it because it’s adventurous and funny. I love humorous books, and I haven’t read too many books that make me laugh. Wings of Fire was one that did. Third, it was so interesting. There was always a cliffhanger, one after another. I remember a few times when my mom called me for dinner and I’d say, “One more minute,” because I could not stop.

Where do you like to read? I have a hammock in my room so I stuff a pillow in it, grab a blanket and read away. It’s really great just to escape from reality if I find a really great book. Sometimes I can just sit and read forever. I find it harder to read when there’s a lot of noise, like people talking  because I listen to that instead of focusing on the book. I normally find which books I want to read from friends, family or just authors that I know I like.

I read because it helps me in school and teaches me great things. Sometimes my parents don’t even know what I’m talking about. I think we all know we get the best feeling when we are right and our parents are wrong. It also teaches me a lot of new words that I’ve never even seen or heard. I have a much bigger vocabulary than I used to. Why do you read, if you do?

3 thoughts on “My Opinion About Books”

1. I really liked your comic. I like the way you drew the characters and how you explained how you drew the comic.