Camp Kirkwood

Last week on a Wednesday morning the DA sixth grade was going to Camp Kirkwood in the middle of hurricane Idalia! We started the morning by playing a game of Lovett says kind of like Simon but “Lovett” way better. So then we got onto the buses which in my opinion was great. You basically just got to talk to your friends for 2 hours so when we got there it was pouring down rain so we took a bag and ran for the pavilion. Then me and my cabin mates went to our cabins, unpacked, made our beds, and then went to lunch. 

After lunch we did some activities and they were fun. My favorite was definitely either the v swing or zip line over the lake because they were so exhilarating. After the first day of activities we had 1 hour of free time which was when i went to my cabin showered and then went to get some spaghetti for dinner. After the delicious Italian noodles. The camp counselors then told us there was going be a movie or we could play dodge ball. I went to dodge ball and after we got drum roll please SNOW CONES! And that night I think at least half the people who were playing dodge ball got DRENCHED when I went to get the snow cones but it was worth it.

The next day…

Yup new day so we got ready and went to breakfast. For breakfast we had cereal. After we got breakfast we did some activities. I went to the pool which was really fun. I played Moss.  After the pool we had lunch. After lunch I played soccer and my team and the others tied sadly. Then we had an hour of free time. I stayed in my cabin with my friends then I went to the v swing which was definitely one of my favorites, and then we had dinner which I think we had Mac n cheese and chicken which was great. We then went to the benches to sit with our advisory and talk. That night we also had marshmallows then we all went to bed.

The next day …

After we woke up I shadowboxed my friend Kareem for a few minutes but sadly we had to stop and pack. Very sad I know but our cabin teacher Mr. Lantzy said if we go fast enough we get to play basketball so we zoomed. After we played basketball we had breakfast WHICH WAS WAFFLES! They were great. So counselors then told us to go to the flagpole. After breakfast for our last activity, I did my first canoeing then zip line, probably my favorite, my last activity of camp… yup then we had lunch and left. When we got back to school I was pretty excited to go home and see my family and when my mom picked me up or my mom and my sister. Who lives in Richmond came to pick me up. I was so happy I hadn’t seen my sister for a while so it was really great to see her.